Last night the Dutchess of Cambridge wowed onlookers at the Imperial War Museum of London for the launch of the First World War galleries centenery campaign. But, it wasn’t just her Amanda Wakely grey dress that caught people’s eye, it was Kate’s beautiful half up-half down hairstyle! We’re so used to seeing Kate with her hair down and softly waved- in fact Kate’s everyday hair-do is the most requested hair-style in British hairdressers since Jennifer Anniston’s “Rachel” in the early noughties.
This hairstyle would be perfect for a wedding, ball, party etc! And, what’s even better is it’s super easy to achieve at home! All you need is some hair pins, 1 hair elastic, a curling tongs/GHD (if you’re good at GHD curls) and some hair spray!
- Softly and loosely curl the ends of your hair (from halfway down the hair shaft).
- Separate your hair into two sections, divided just above your ears.
- Pull the upper section of your hair into a loose ponytail using a hair elastic.
- Pin the loose end of the ponytail over where the elastic is to cover it.
- Re-curl ends its necessary and spritz hair with hair-spray to ensure the style lasts all day/night long!
Then, to party on like a Princess!
(images courtesy: Karwai-Tang-Alpha Press, xposurephotos.com)