6 WAYS TO TELL IF YOU’RE GETTING DUMPED!
Guys aren’t known for initiating relationship conversations — which is why when they do end things, it often seems like the bomb was dropped out of the blue. But experts say guys actually do give away certain clues when they’re not feeling it anymore!
1) He overloads at work. When a relationship seems to be heading south, guys often tend to take on more on the job to compensate; it gives his ego a boost since he’s likely upset that things with you are floundering. Plus, if he needs space, work is the one place you’re guaranteed not to be.
2) He’s stops inviting you to hang with his friends. When you first became a twosome, he wanted his bros to meet you (and be jealous that he scored such a hot chick). But if he’s thinking you and he aren’t meant to be, he’ll start having more boys’ nights sans you so his pals know that you’re on the outs and will support him when the breakup backlash hits.
3) He keeps convos neutral. Notice you’re discussing things like the news and the weather a lot more lately? These topics aren’t intimate, and they’re a sign he may be distancing himself to have less of a bond with you, so his feelings aren’t murky when he does the deed and it’ll make for a cleaner break for him.
4) He boxes you out. Say you’re watching a movie together on the couch and his body is angled away from you—he’s sending you the message that he doesn’t feel intimate. At all. A guy who’s super into you will want to touch and engage you when you’re hanging out. If he’s not? His body language essentially takes over, blocking you out to convey that he’s feeling miles apart.
5) He stops texting you the stupid little stuff. Guys usually text on a gut impulse—whatever they feel, when they feel it. When that stops, it means he doesn’t really feel the need to send you the nice little check-ins he once did just to say good-night or to let you know he’s thinking of you.
6) Cuts off the PDA (Public Displays of Affection). When he kisses you or holds your hand in public, he’s telling the world that you’re together—which he won’t want to do if he’s anticipates being single soon. Whether he’d act on it or not, he’s subconciously demonstating to any potential future interests in the area that you two are on shaky ground.
There you have it ladies!!
Sources: Paul Dobransky, MD, director of Men’s Happiness and author of The Secret Psychology of How We Fall In Love; Ava Cadell, PhD, founder of LoveologyUniversity.com