Exclusive Interview With Ex Heartbeat Actress Tricia Penrose!
SoSueMe.ie recently caught up with actress Tricia Penrose! Tricia is known for playing barmaid Gina Ward, in the 1960s set television series, ‘Heartbeat’ and has also been in many other popular British soaps!
Tricia has been in the press recently, as she wore the same leopard print dress as Amy Childs, and was told by Amy’s managment to change, but Tricia refused… and rightly so! This obviously caused a stir… so read on and find out if Amy and Ticia bumped heads or not…
- As you’re well known for playing, barmaid Gina Ward, in the 1960s set television series Heartbeat, what was it like to work on the show for over 18 years?
Working on Heartbeat for 18 years was fantastic – I am still very close to some of the cast and crew!
- Did you ever think the show would me a massive success?
There was such a great cast from the start and Heartbeat was regularly in the top five TV programmes across all British channels so it proved very popular from the beginning!
- What other roles are you best known for?
Brookside, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, The Royal and Justice are probably the other roles which I would be most well known for!
- In 2007, you took part in Fame Academy & later released an album… Is singing your thing? Or would you much rather stick to acting?
I love both acting and singing. I have released a couple of singles over the years as well as the Fame Academy inspired album. I also reached the final of ‘A Song For Europe’ with a Eurovision entry song and recently took part in ‘Sing If You Can’ on ITV to raise money for charity!
- Do you have any plans for the coming future, that you would like to reveal to us?
I have a few projects which I am looking at so watch this space…!
- Have you heard from Amy or her management since you showed up at the Pia Michi in the same dress?
The dress fiasco at the Pia Michi event was a little bit of a mix up but Amy and her Mum were lovely about it – Amy is a genuinely a really lovely girl! Haven’t heard from her since though.
- Your 3 must haves?
To live? Family, Friends and Food!
- Your best experience in life?
Having my two gorgeous children Jake and Freddy!
- Your favourite things to do, when your not working?
Ooh…. clothes shopping or pamper treatments and a spa day!
- Favourite high street store?
There is a local shop called Expose in Wilmslow which is brilliant… Also love Topshop!
From all of us here at SoSueMe.ie, thanks so much for doing the interview Tricia -
‘Awh not a problem Derek! Always a pleasure!’
Want to stay in touch with the lovely Tricia? Then you can follow on Twitter HERE!