REVIEW: imPRESS Nails By Nicole Scherzinger!
Broadway Nails recently announced the launch of the Limited Edition imPRESS Press-On Manicure Nicole Scherzinger Signature Series for both hands and toes! When I heard this news- I was DYING to try them! First of all – I love nice nails and second of all – Nicole Scherzinger is my ultimate girl crush (after Millie Macintosh), so if she is putting her name to them, I wanna try them!
The Nicole Scherzinger Signature Series brings a chic, yet personal style to the nail fashion with new colours and patterns designed by Nicole Scherzinger herself. There is nine styles and they were all inspired by the beautiful hibiscus flowers and blue skies of Scherzinger’s home state of Hawaii, as well as her passions—music and fashion.
For the review, I opted to try out the neon orange/coral ones (Code 56658), I am just loving neon at the moment and the orangey/coral colour is one of my favourites!
So how to apply:
- First, I matched up all of my nails to their appropriate sizes (each nail actually has a number underneath it, making it easier to match both hands).
- Next I prepped all my fingernails with the included prep pad (smells like rubbing alcohol to me – comes in the box)
- Then I peeled off the plastic tab underneath the press-on nail, slid it tight to the nail bed and pressed down hard
Note- do this carefully! These nails are incredibly sticky and once they are down… they’re down.
I was impressed with how well they stayed – they felt so secure! I loved the fact there was no glue to mess with and they did look cool on. Ok, I know some of you were saying on my Facebook page that these nails are very large – yes this is true, I did find the nails were quite big in terms of width – but the set comes with 24 nails and 12 sizes – so file away until the nail fits your finger-bed. Also one other thing that kind of annoyed me was, if like me you run your hands through your hair, you will find your hair getting caught in them – but other thank that, I really liked them!
The procedure was so quick, it only took a few minutes to do both hands and best of all- no drying time! They come in a large variety of gorgeous colors and patterns so it’s easy to keep a few sets on hand for those emergency events or last minute date nights!
They are really a one-time use only deal (unless you want to pull out some nail glue and glue them back on)- once you take them off (which you can do by peeling them off from the side edge), they really lose their stickiness and ability to feel secure.
- Price: €8
- Availability: Penneys and pharmacies
- Selection: Available in many different colors and patterns
- Overall: A must-have to keep on hand for emergency events or last minute dates. Perfect-looking manicure in minutes with no dry-time! Easy to apply (just be careful, once they are down there’s no fixing any mistakes).
If you would like to WIN some of these nails – stay tuned!