Would You Propose To Your Man??
Tomorrow, February 29th, marks the one day every four years when traditionally women can turn the tables and propose to their men! Is this something you are thinking about? Well gaming company ‘PopCap Games’ commissioned a survey of Irish of Irish men and women currently in relationships to gauge their reactions around the idea of women proposing to men! Cant say I would EVER consider, I’m a pretty old fashioned girl at heart when it comes to that sort of thing, but the results are interesting!
Here they are:
- 42% of men would say yes if their girlfriend proposed
- Only 23% of women think their boyfriend would say yes unconditionally
- 15% of men would say yes on the condition nobody found out she had proposed
- 25% of people think that the “man must propose” tradition is outdated or sexist
- 12% of people think sex is a suitable replacement for a ring if a woman proposes
The survey reveals that a massive 57% of men would say yes if their girlfriend proposed, although 15% of those would make their girlfriends promise not to tell anyone that they initiated the proposal!
Interestingly, the survey shows that Irish women are not as confident of a positive outcome were they to pop the question, with only 23% confident their partner would say yes unconditionally.. The survey also reveals that 21% of women thought their guys would try wriggle out of the situation by attempting to change the subject and almost 5% of the men said they’d throw up on the spot!
The survey also reveals:
- 75% of Irish respondents were set in their ways that it should be the man that proposes with the remaining 25% saying that the tradition was either outdated or sexist.
- 76% of Irish people surveyed believe the woman should give the man an engagement ring if she proposes, while the next most popular gift was sex (12%) or a stiff drink (10%).
- Just under 11% of cash strapped Irishmen said they’d like their partner to propose so they wouldn’t have to buy her an engagement ring!
If you pop the Q… the best of luck!