There are certain lip colours that are ideal for Autumn, but in order to successfully slay that deep berry-toned look, you need to get the prep right.
Once you have that nailed, you will not only get a super fab result, but one that lasts too.
At the end of the post, you will find our picks of top Autumnal shades, but before we get to that, here’s our step-by-step prep!
Lipstick in shade New York Apple – here
- First exfoliate the lips to get rid of any dry chapped skin. This two step prep pack will do the job and it’s as cheap as chips too! If you don’t have a lip scrub handy, a DIY alternative would be to mix a little sugar with some Vaseline or olive oil and gently massage the exfoliating mix into the lips.
- Next apply a lip balm, but not one with an oily consistency.
- Taking your SOSUbySJ Pro Blender, apply a dot of concealer to the tip and gently dab it over the lips. This will help mattify the lips and give you a smooth base to work with.
- Now apply your liner. For tips on how to overline your lips for a fuller effect, check out this post.
- If you want to create a dramatic ombre effect, you could pair a black lip liner with a deep berry shade. The ombre look takes practice, but when it’s done right, the two colours should blend seamlessly for a beautiful result.
- Next apply your lipstick using a lip brush. Because it is such a deep colour, a brush is always good for precision purposes. We also find the lipstick tends to last a little longer when applied with a brush.
- Now blot the lips with a ply of tissue.
- If you want to create a prismatic effect, add a tiny touch of gold highlighter to the centre of the bottom lip. SOSUbySJ’s Shooting Star would be perfect for this. A powder highlighter is good as a cream highlighter will just disturb the matte base you have created.
- Don’t forget to finish the look with a dusting of highlighter to your cupids bow. Now all you have to do is figure out which of the beautiful berry-esque shades below you are going to rock this Autumn!
However before we go any further, if you have any trouble with the links, here is what to do:
If you click on an item below, but it won’t load, then this is how you solve the issue.
Click the product you like, if it’s blank, click the three dots located at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
A number of options should pop up, one of which will be ‘Open in Safari’.
Click on this and you will be able to access the link without any problems!
If that doesn’t work, then an alternative option would be to open SoSueMe.ie through Google & not Facebook.
Just click on the pics to open!
*Please note that Suzanne may receive partial payment from the above links