If you are anything like us, you struggle to get your 5 a day in! With work and daily busy schedules it can impossible to always eat right and get those essential vitamins in. We came across this smoothie that packs in all of the key 5 day that we need, but is quick and easy to make in the morning then head off for the day knowing you have had a healthy boost! It also has great body benefits. Check it out 🙂
Ingredients and their benefits
- Kale – 1 Handful : Kale is one of the ultimate nutrient veggies that has even been said to prevent certain cancers from developing! It is not the most delicious, but once put into a smoothie we find it not too bad!
- Broccoli – 4 spears – a rich source of selenium a mineral that fights aging (we will take that!). It also is great for your liver in fighting toxins.
- Baby Spinach – 1 Handful – This is great for you guys that regularly go to the gym as it feeds your muscles and improves muscle efficiency!
- Blood Orange – 1 peeled – Blood oranges are known for their anti-aging properties and also are said to help in reducing stress levels! It will also make your smoothie taste nicer 🙂
- Raspberries – 1 large handful – Full of antioxidants and help to reduce fat stores as we get older.
Blend these all together for a perfect 5 a day serving as well as getting some amazing health benefits!
We will definitely be trying this 🙂
(recipe courtesy of women’s health magazine)